Friday, September 29, 2006

"Is This Love or Am I Dreamin"

How bout this, guys! In college in 1995, living with a friend in a hovel downtown, my roommate's workin the coat check at Pegasus, & I'm there visiting him, havin a happy hour cocktail, chattin up the bartender.

In walks this really cute guy...young, dark hair, great smile & an air of confidence about him. My roommate calls me over to the coat check & points him out, telling me how much he's attracted to him. He then instructs me to buy "cute boi" a drink, get the 411 & casually let him know that my roommate likes him.

Well, anyone who knows me, will tell you I'm momma's little helper...so of course I agree to do it.

I introduce myself, chat "cute boi" up a bit, buy him a drink & just resort to my cordial, charming self.

I then introduce to idea of going out with my roommate, when he smiles & says, "I'd rather be with you."

I was flatttered, but torn & proceeded to try to get him to go out with the roommate. He just kept insisting that he preferred me. So, I walked over to my roommate to explain the precarious situation I'd found myself in. As always, he was very understanding & gave his blessing. Not that he was looking for anything other than a possible "Trick"...but that's a completely different story.

Hot & heavy for about 4 months, until Christian guilt & repressed upbringing rear their ugly heads & put an end to my whirlwind romance with the first guy I ever fell in love with.

Broken hearted, I go on with my life, until...

Saturday, May 6th, I agreed to work a happy hour shift for one of the other bartenders at the Holiday. It was pretty slow, a customer here, there...one drink & gone.

When, "guess who" walks in! Yep! "Cute boi" from 10 years ago. What are the odds?

Well, my dear friends...this bartender thinks he may have finally found the man he's going to spend the rest of his life with.

Luv Yinz

1 comment:

Romy said...

After 10 years? wow!

I guess there is hope for everyone finding the right person of their life!